Anyone who’s been to the South Stand at the Rugby Sevens knows that finding the perfect fancy dress costume is practically a sport in itself. While the past year has been tumultuous (at best) for international politics, it’s also made for fantastic fancy dress fodder. Scroll through for some of the best outfits people wore to Hong Kong Stadium over the weekend, as seen through social media.
10. Birds of a feather, flocking together
9. A herd of unicorns
8. Salt Bae(s)
7. Tabasco Twins
6. Two primary school Trumps, whose latex heads make them look oddly Tweedledum and Tweedledee-esque
5. Imperial Stormtroopers and Princess Leia, ft. CocoHK’s former managing editor, Crystal Wilde!
4. The US-Mexico border wall
3. Popcorn party
2. Naked Sims, who may be 2nd overall but win the grand prize for ingenuity
1. At the end of the day, who could beat this impersonator supergroup in being both topical and cartoonish? While technically this isn’t a social media snap, this trio was all over the interwebz during their Sevens cameo, and even “built a wall” on the pitch.
(L-R) Dennis Alan as US President Donald Trump, Reggie Brown (C) as former US President Barack Obama, and Howard, an Australian-Chinese man as North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, on their way to the Rugby Sevens on April 7, 2017. Photo: Bobby Yip/Reuters
If you're gonna share your opinions for free on the Internet, why not do it for a chance to win some exciting prizes? Take our 2021 Coconuts Reader Survey now!