Gala dinner with Miyabi canceled by organizers due to ‘overwhelming negative public response’

Former Japanese adult film star Maria Ozawa AKA Miyabi will not be coming to Jakarta for her special gala dinner, which was supposed to be held on June 5. Photo: Instagram/@maria.ozawa0108
Former Japanese adult film star Maria Ozawa AKA Miyabi will not be coming to Jakarta for her special gala dinner, which was supposed to be held on June 5. Photo: Instagram/@maria.ozawa0108

It’s a sad day for fans of Maria Ozawa AKA Miyabi, as the former Japanese adult film star will not be coming to Jakarta for her special gala dinner, which was supposed to be held on June 5.

Iffan, who heads the Supervision and Control section at Jakarta’s Tourism and Creative Economy Agency (Disparekraf), said today that the event has been canceled. He noted that the organizers hadn’t even submitted their permit for the gala dinner to the agency before canceling the event.

The gala dinner was organized by Repezen Nada Entertainment, which is owned by Insta influencer-slash-DJ Evelin Nada Anjani. Michael Prawira, the company’s executive manager, said overwhelming negative response from the public pressured the venue to cancel the event.

“The first consideration is that the hotel did not agree [with the gala dinner plan] due to overwhelming unfavorable response from certain circles. And after our consideration, it’s not a good time [for such an event taking place] at the moment,” Michael said, adding that Repezen Nada Entertainment will issue refunds.

Also Read — Conservative group wants former JAV pornstar Miyabi barred from entering Jakarta

As previously promoted in the poster for the event, Gala Dinner with Miyabi was slated to be held at Four Seasons Hotel on June 5, where the capacity is limited to 50 guests only. One would have to splurge IDR15 million (US$1,020) before tax to spend two hours dining, chatting, and taking selfies with Miyabi herself, as well as taking home her autograph and memorabilia.

As harmless as the event may be, Damai Hari Lubis, former spokesman of firebrand cleric Rizieq Shihab, feared a hidden political agenda behind the gala dinner. He demanded Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to reject the permit for the event because he thought it will be a stain on the politician’s career at the end of his administration, as he has been widely touted as a presidential candidate in the 2024 election.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

MOST POPULAR