Neon sign at Trans Studio Bali catches fire, authorities suspect short circuit (Video)

Left, The fire at the rooftop of Trans Studio Mall. Right, Trans Studio Mall the following morning. Photos: Instagram and Coconuts Bali
Left, The fire at the rooftop of Trans Studio Mall. Right, Trans Studio Mall the following morning. Photos: Instagram and Coconuts Bali

A neon sign at Trans Studio Bali in Denpasar caught on fire yesterday evening, footage of which has gone viral on social media today.

The fire erupted right by the roller coaster of the Trans Studio Bali indoor theme park, which is located on the rooftop of Trans Studio Mall.

There were thankfully no victims in the fire, but it caused a small traffic congestion on Jl. Imam Bonjol as passersby and local residents stopped to witness the incident. 

Scenes from the incident quickly made their way to Instagram, with a number of videos from different angles posted on popular Balinese accounts on the social media platform.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Seputar Informasi dan Hiburan (@denpasarnow) on

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Seputar Informasi dan Hiburan (@denpasarnow) on

As of this morning, the sign was covered with a plastic sheet. 

The fire reportedly took place at about 10pm, and was immediately responded to by the Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD) in Denpasar. They confirmed earlier today that there were no victims in the incident, which authorities believe was caused by an electric short circuit. 

Read more news and updates from Bali here.

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR