Huge fire ravages tour agency office in Sanur

The burnt-out Pacto Destination Office. Tuesday, Dec. 11. Photo by Coconuts Bali.
The burnt-out Pacto Destination Office. Tuesday, Dec. 11. Photo by Coconuts Bali.

The Jl. Bypass Ngurah Rai office building of Pacto Destination Management caught fire this morning at around 7am. Thankfully, there were no casualties and firefighters had the blaze under control by 8:30am.

Raw footage shared by Denpasar Viral shows a dark column of thick black smoke, billowing up from the tour agency building.

According to a report by Tribun Bali, one of the first to discover the fire was security guard Made Suasa, who arrived for work at around 7am. “When I came in this morning, I saw smoke. The office helper had already arrived and had seen the conditions inside. I also went in to see, but the building was so full of smoke that I had to come out,’ he told the source. According to a report by Bali Post, onlookers later saw employees running inside the building to rescue office equipment, files, and safes from the first floor.

After authorities were alerted, four fire engines arrived on the scene. Firefighter Ketut Baskara was among those called to help extinguish the blaze. Speaking to Tribun Bali, he said, “We got the information at around 8am and went straight to the location. The fire started on the first floor, south of the administration room. We think it was caused by an electrical short circuit.”

Baskara went on to confirm that although much of the building’s contents were ruined, the fire had claimed no casualties. “We extinguished the flames in one and a half hours. The worst damage is at the top because the fire rose from below,” concluded Baskara.


Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on