Yangon teenager dies from electrocution after stepping in puddle

A 16-year-old boy died from electrocution yesterday afternoon after he stepped in a puddle where an overhead wire had fallen on Yangon’s Bogyoke Aung San Road.

The unnamed teenager was crossing from Sakura Tower to an overhead walkway when he stepped into the pool, left after heavy rainfall, police said.

“We found that a wire cable had fallen into that pond and he had an electric shock,” an officer told The Voice.

Police are investigating Mingalar Taung Nyunt Township’s electricity department.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on