The aggro man who repeatedly tossed a racist remark towards a fellow bus commuter has defended himself against all the (deserved) condemnations being hurled at him. His misshapen logic: He can’t be racist against the Malay community because he loves Malay cuisine.
His non-apologetic response arrived on Facebook after a video of him acting like a lout went viral on social media. What happened, according to the man who uploaded the clip:
- Young Malay man accidentally knocks into a Chinese man while walking up the upper deck of a double-decker bus.
- He apologized profusely to the Chinese man.
- Chinese man refuses to accept the apology. He kept saying “shit Malay” multiple times.
- Another Malay commuter confronted the Chinese man about his racist comments. Chinese man became even more aggressive, asserting that he never meant that all Malay folks are “shit Malay”.
- The quarrel could have turned into a fistfight if not for the young Malay man who intervened. He tried to pacify the Chinese man with more apologies.
- Chinese man refused to calm down and rudely told him to bugger off.
Instead of regretting his outburst, the Chinese man outed himself on Facebook and denied being a bigot. How so? By publicly claiming that he loves Malay folks (in general), just like how he loves his bandung and ondeh ondeh. Adrian Chen even claims himself to be a good-hearted Christian, though we’re pretty sure that the bible doesn’t have a section approving the yelling narrow-minded slurs.
With no sense of remorse whatsoever, Chen said that he has no time for “haters” and thanked people who’ve stood by him — for his despicable comments, mind you.
The wave of disapproval
It’s a no-brainer that Chen’s Facebook posts attracted a number of colorful comments castigating his actions.