Foreign nationals who leave the Philippines from Dec. 17 onwards will be allowed to re-enter the country if they meet certain conditions, the Duterte administration’s anti-coronavirus task force said today.
To be allowed re-entry, foreigners should have a valid and existing visa on the date of their arrival, a pre-booked quarantine facility, and a pre-booked COVID-19 testing to be done at an airport lab. The arriving foreign nationals are also subjected to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port of entry, the task force said in its resolution.
Such rules will apply to those holding visas issued under Section 9(e) and 9(g) of the Commonwealth Act 613. The Bureau of Immigration will issue the guidelines and coordinate with the affected airlines.
“The foregoing is without prejudice to immigration laws, rules and regulations such that the Commissioner of Immigration shall have the exclusive prerogative to decide on waiver or recall of exclusion orders for the above foreign nationals, including other foreign nationals who have entered the Philippines by virtue of Inter-Agency Task Force resolutions,” the memo said.
Foreign investors have been allowed to enter the Philippines last month but the Duterte government continues to ban international tourists from the country. The ban covers Filipinos’ foreign romantic partners — the government said this was necessary given that a COVID-19 vaccine is not yet available in the Philippines.
Meanwhile, Filipinos’ foreign spouses and children, regardless of age, have been allowed to enter the country since early this month. However, they have to be accompanied by their Filipino spouse or parent while traveling.