A seven-year-old boy caused quite a scare at a petrol station in Kelantan when the car he was in burst into flames, resulting from him playing with a lighter while his mother was refuelling.
A video of the shocking incident was posted onto Facebook by social media user Mastura Ghazali Masra recently and has since gone viral, amassing a total of 1.6mil views and more than 3,700 shares.
In the 46-second clip, the boy’s mother was seen refuelling her Proton Wira at a Caltex station in Kuala Krai moments before it caught fire from within.
The mother was seen running to the other side of the car to help her son but found the door to be locked. She then dashed to another door and managed to pull her son out.
After the mother and son left the burning vehicle, petrol station employees were seen running to the car with a fire extinguisher to put out the flames.
According to Mastura’s Facebook post, the boy named Shaifuddin suffered severe burns on his face and is currently being warded at the Kota Baru Hospital.
It’s like OnlyFans for your Coconuts. Become a COCO+ Member today for as little as US$5 per year and support the stories we tell from across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.