So you go for a three-course dinner on an average Saturday night, followed by eight beers, two tequila shots, an 11pm slice of pizza and an early morning McD’s on your way home. There’s no denying you’re good at consuming calories, but, dude, you’re really not fulfilling your true potential.
For an eating and drinking feat that actually involves quality fare, Chope’s first ever Food on Foot tour cannot be beaten – or perhaps even completed.
If you don’t know Chope already, here’s a little taster of its wonders:
Michelin’s official online restaurant booking platform will be giving guests the chance to gracefully guzzle the goodies at 14 of Central’s best restaurants on Wednesday Dec. 7.
For just HKD450 until Dec. 6 or HKD500 on the door, you can work your way around the eateries in any order between 6pm and 11pm, although we recommend starting early if you want any chance of even getting half way.
Wondering why we’re so sceptical? Let us talk you through a handful of the vast and varied offerings you’re up against.
- Italian cafeteria Ciao Chow will dish up a slice of Pizza Margherita or Carbonara and a choice of one of 19 draught beers. Easy, can.
- Australian steakhouse Porterhouse by Laris will serve Chicken Liver Parfait with Melba Toast and a Dirty Martini. Yep, bring it.
- Gastrobar Common Room will put on a choice of Sweet Potato Fries, Fried Truffle Mac & Cheese Balls, Wagyu Sliders or Charcuterie Cold Cuts and a menu of three signature cocktails. Okay, you’ve got our attention.
- Japanese joint AMAZAKE will offer three signature cocktails and either a Spicy Tuna Roll, Baby Squid, Yakitori, or their famous Fried Chicken. It’s officially touched the sides.
- Havana LKF will rustle up a choice of Cubanito Ham & Cheese sandwiches or Jalapeno Poppers and Mojitos. Yeesh, probably best to conserve some space and go for the poppers. And is anyone else feeling tipsy?
- Argentinian steak restaurant Gaucho will serve a sizzling five bites of steak and a choice of two modified Bloody Marys. Oh man. We’re not sure we can accommodate Mary.
- Check-In Taipei will offer a tasting platter per person with a choice of Drunken or Regular Bubble Tea. You’re kidding us, right? A platter EACH! And Bubble Tea? Don’t they know how filling that stuff is?
And that’s literally not even HALF of it, guys.
If that sounds like something you wouldn’t mind attempting to sink your teeth and liver into, you can buy tickets in advance on the Chope App (available for both iOS and Android) or the website. Redeem your tix from 6pm on Dec. 7 at Bungalow, where you can get the ball rolling with a choice of snacks and cocktails… just in case you don’t have enough on your plate already.