About 110 shops at the Chatuchak Weekend Market were damaged by fire last night after a blaze erupted there.
Photos posted to social media showed a sizable fire burning just after it broke out at about 9:30pm at a shop near Gate No. 1. Firefighters were able to get it under control, and there were no reported injuries. A short circuit is the suspected cause but as of Monday investigators still had no answer.
Billed as the world’s largest weekend market, Chatuchak operators say about 200,000 people visit its 15,000 stalls every weekend.
— TND 🐽 (@KamOTwit) June 2, 2019
— I KNEW I LOVED YOU (@I_KNEW) June 2, 2019
— ต. ต๋อง (@TongNapart) June 2, 2019