Scotland Yard yesterday released images of four men suspected of attacking a Singaporean student in London.
The Metropolitan Police said in a statement that they are looking for the four men as part of its investigation into a “racially aggravated” attack last week against 23-year-old Jonathan Mok in London.
“This attack left the victim shaken and hurt. There’s no room on our streets for this kind of violent behaviour and we are committed to finding the perpetrators,” Detective Sergeant Emma Kirby said in a statement noting that no arrests have been made.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who has information about this assault. I would like to identify and speak to the four men pictured who may be able to help me with our enquiries.”
Police said they were alerted to the incident near Tottenham Court Road Station at around 9:15pm local time on Feb. 24. Mok was “punched, kicked, and sustained facial injuries,” they added.
Mok has described his attackers as berating him over the coronavirus prior to assaulting him.
The images were released about 12 hours after the Singapore High Commission in London said it was in contact with British police to ensure they followed through with the investigation.
“The Singapore High Commission is aware of the assault case against a Singaporean student, and is in close contact with him. We are also in contact with the Met Police at the highest level to ensure that it follows through with its investigation with the utmost priority,” the commission wrote on Twitter.
The response came a day after Mok’s personal account of his incident went viral on Facebook after he posted it Monday night.