In the corner of our bedroom lie boxes of skincare products my girlfriend had tossed aside. The fault was mine, apparently—I had lavished her with beauty products for many of our monthiversaries without being attuned to her specific needs.
I’m not saying she’s hideous—quite the opposite, actually. Yet despite her perfect imperfections, she’s always complaining about her oily skin, enlarged pores, and acne scars.
I’m not a beauty expert, but for her birthday, I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with some skincare gifts that actually work for her. I wanted to show her that I care about her concerns. But where do I start? There are so many products out there, and I don’t know which ones are suitable for her skin type and needs.
That’s when I discovered Lazada Singapore’s LazBeauty channel. It’s a one-stop destination for all things beauty, where you can find thousands of products from many brands, ranging from local favorites to international bestsellers. Sure, the run-of-the-mill pharmacy carries some of the same products, but it quickly became evident that LazBeauty stocks a much more robust product range—including from brands that have gone viral on TikTok, such as The Ordinary and Beauty of Joseon.
And the best part is, you can create your own beauty profile, where you can specify your skin type, concerns, preferences, and goals. Based on your profile, LazBeauty will recommend products that are tailored to your needs and wants.
I decided to give it a try and created a beauty profile for my girlfriend. I entered her age (23), skin type (oily), and concerns (pores, acne scars, dullness). Then, I clicked on the “Save” button and waited for the magic to happen.
I was amazed by the results. LazBeauty showed me hundreds of products that matched my girlfriend’s profile, along with ratings, reviews, and prices. I could also filter the results by category, brand, price range, and more. Better yet, I could enjoy lower exclusive member-only prices after I joined LazBeauty Club for free. How awesome is that?
I felt spoiled for choice as I browsed through the products. There were so many options to choose from, and they all looked promising. I decided to focus on some South Korean brands that I heard my girlfriend mention before. She loves K-beauty products because they are gentle, effective, and affordable.
Here are some of the products that I chose as gifts for her:
- COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser: This is a gentle cleanser that balances the skin’s pH level and removes impurities without stripping the skin’s natural moisture. It contains tea tree oil and natural BHA to soothe and exfoliate the skin.
- Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 2X: This is a clay mask that purifies the pores and absorbs excess sebum. It contains volcanic clusters from Jeju Island that have powerful sebum-absorbing properties.
- Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original: This is a cleansing balm that melts away makeup and dirt with ease. It contains papaya extract and acerola extract to brighten and nourish the skin.
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: I have noticed my girlfriend obsessing over this product on TikTok, where users have been giving it glowing reviews en masse. This is a serum that reduces the appearance of blemishes and pores. It contains a high concentration of niacinamide (vitamin B3) and zinc to regulate sebum production and improve skin barrier function.
- Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum: This is another product that has gone viral on TikTok. This is a serum that hydrates and brightens the skin. It contains propolis extract and niacinamide to soothe and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
While I was at it, I decided to do something about my unsightly blackheads as well, plus the fact that I’m a grown man who doesn’t own sunscreen.
Thankfully, I was able to seamlessly switch beauty profiles and conduct my own skin test on LazBeauty. Better yet, as I am uneducated about my own skin type, the app’s AR skin test feature utilized my phone’s camera to analyze problems on my face, data from which it used to determine my specific needs.
From there, I made the following purchases:
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid: This is a liquid exfoliant that dissolves blackheads and unclogs pores. It contains betaine salicylate (BHA) and willow bark water to gently remove dead skin cells and sebum.
- Innisfree Volcanic Blackhead 3 Step Sheets: These are special patches that help you remove the blackheads that are deeply rooted in the pores in three easy steps. First, it widens pores for effective blackhead removal. It then removes blackheads intensively before a final sheet is applied to tighten back the pores.
- Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun: Rice + Probiotics (SPF50+ PA++++): This is a sunscreen that is suitable for sensitive skin, as it contains rice and probiotics to soothe and protect the skin from environmental stressors. It has a lightweight and moisturizing texture that does not leave a white cast or a greasy feel.
I am excited about my purchases and, above all, I hope my girlfriend will love these products as much as I love her. Thanks to Lazada Singapore’s LazBeauty channel and free membership to LazBeauty Club, I was able to find the perfect skincare gifts for her (and for myself) without breaking a sweat and at exclusively low prices.
If you’re looking for beauty products for yourself or your loved ones, shop at LazBeauty, become a LazBeauty Club member today and discover your beauty potential!