Woman dies in Bacolod City fire trying to save 9 dogs

Photo: Bunyami Gorunmez/Unplash
Photo: Bunyami Gorunmez/Unplash

A woman died in a Bacolod City fire this morning after she tried to save nine of her pet Shih Tzus.

It was about 6:15am when the fire started at the home of victim Michelle Mirasol on Lumboy Street in the village of Villamonte. The fire started from the house’s ceiling, and authorities believe that it started from faulty electrical wiring.

After saving her mother and son, Mirasol decided to go back to the house to rescue her trapped dogs. Mirasol was able to save three of her pets, but she was unable to leave her home when the fire rapidly spread all over the structure. After the fire was defused, her dead body was discovered inside the bathroom, and investigators said she might have suffocated from the smoke.

The fire was defused after 30 minutes and damaged an estimated PHP100,000 (US$1,975) worth of property.

Read more Coconuts Manila articles here.

 

Coconuts has journalists on the ground in eight cities working hard to publish true stories that matter. You can support our work by becoming a COCO+ Member or making a Patron payment.

READ MORE

CITY: MANILACATEGORY: NEWSSUB-CATEGORIES: ANIMALSTAGS:

By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR

Send this to a friend