Whoa! Fire-emitting faucet discovered in Davao City

Photo: ABS-CBN News
Photo: ABS-CBN News

This could be used as a prop for Halloween!

ABS-CBN News reported today that a man in Davao City discovered that one of the faucets in his home emits fire.

The homeowner, named Jan Louie Bodiongan, said that he was supposed to fix the faucet but it emitted a pungent smell that’s similar to spoiled food. The scent was so terrible that it made his wife dizzy.

He told ABS-CBN News in Filipino: “It smelled like there was spoiled food even if we didn’t keep any of that here in our home.”

Bodiongan thought of melting the tip of the faucet using a lighted candle but lo and behold! It suddenly breathed fire.

Bodiongan showed a video of this strange fire-breathing object to officials of the Department of Energy (DOE) who thought that there was marsh gas — which contains methane — coming out of the faucet.

According to Virgilio Arzadon of DOE Region XI, clay could probably be found in the land on which Bodiongan’s house stands. That’s where the marsh gas possibly came from.

Bodiongan’s water provider didn’t explain the strange situation, but they promised the family that they’ll fix the faucet.

Coconuts has journalists on the ground in eight cities working hard to publish true stories that matter. You can support our work by becoming a COCO+ Member or making a Patron payment.

READ MORE

CITY: MANILACATEGORY: NEWSSUB-CATEGORIES: WEIRD

By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR

Send this to a friend