Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago delivered her privilege speech today, Wednesday, Dec 4, addressing the barbs that Senator Juan Ponce Enrile had directed at her in his own privilege speech last Nov 27. If you think Enrile hit below the belt, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
We’ve chosen 12 of Santiago’s fierce statements
1. “He is a Psychopathic Hypersexualized Serial Womanizer.”
2. “Feel free to compare my resume to Enrile, since my biography appears in Wikipedia.”
3. “At one point in his glittering career as Senate President, Enrile had the audacity to throw a birthday party at a five-star Makati hotel for his concubine, to which he was able to drag President Aquino.”
4. “If he’s brave, he should switch place with me: He should be funny and I’ll be the asshole.”
5. “Until now, Enrile has clung to his right to remain silent, prompting citizens to start a movement called ‘Kumibo ka Naman, Enrile.'”
6. “In Cagayan, it is said that when he was a baby, his mother dropped him on his head. Kaya ganyan yan.”
7. “He looks like a female llama surprised in her bath. He reminds me of nothing so much as a dead fish, before it has time to stiffen.”
8. “No matter how devilish his power or fabulous his ill-gotten wealth, I refuse to be coerced by Enrile!”
9. “Enrile is the mastermind of the biggest plunder case in Philippine history.”
10. “He eats his own words for breakfast. He has absolutely no credibility!”
11. “Enrile never reached my levels of professional recognition. He spends time on his tablet while the Senate is in session!”
12. “Enrile with his eternal philandering and unexplained wealth desperately needs a shrink. His mind is sick, sick, sick! Sick!”
Photo and video from GMA-7’s YouTube account
Did we miss anything? What was your favorite quote, tell us below.
Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.