GCQ in NCR Plus extended two more weeks, to June 15, 2021

President Rodrigo Duterte. Photo: PCOO/FB
President Rodrigo Duterte. Photo: PCOO/FB

General Community Quarantine (GCQ) status for has been extended until June 15, 2021 for the ‘NCR Plus’ area, which covers Metro Manila, along with Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal. President Rodrigo Duterte announced the extension during his customary Monday night briefings.

The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) recommended the extension, even as the Covid-19 pandemic situation in the National Capital Region improved slowly over the past few weeks. This comes as the Department of Health (DOH) recorded 6,684 new Covid-19 cases yesterday, bringing the country’s total of active cases to 54,290.

The pandemic had hit a peak in March and April, with the DOH reporting an all-time high of 60,872 cases from March 25 to March 31, followed by 58,007 cases from April 8 to April 14, 2021.

Total recoveries so far are at 1,155,045, while the death toll is at 20,966.

 

Department of Health Covid-19 Tracker for May 31, 2021 (screencapped June 1, 2021)
Department of Health Covid-19 Tracker for May 31, 2021 (screencapped June 1, 2021)

 

Related stories:

Local gov’ts prohibited from announcing vax brands in advance, says DILG

NCR Plus Pro Max: Newly imposed quarantine bubble will cut COVID cases by 25% says Roque

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply

BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

MOST POPULAR