Presidential spokesman Harry Roque tweeted on Monday evening that face shields are required to be worn everywhere, in a direct contradiction to his announcement earlier in the day.
“Acting on the advice of health experts and in view of the Delta variant, PRRD declared that the wearing of face shields, both indoor and outdoor, is still mandatory,” Roque tweeted at 7:13PM, June 21.
In the meantime, earlier today, Roque said that the IATF had appealed for the continued use of face shields indoors and in public transport, but had not commented on their use outdoors. “Hindi na po inapela yung pagsusuot ng face shield sa labas, pero importante ko pong ulit-ulitin na kasama pa rin yung mga pampublikong transportasyon at yung mga indoors, kasama po dyan po yung mga palengke na matao at mga malls,” said Roque. (“[The IATF] did not appeal the use of face shields outdoors, but it is important that I repeat that public transport and indoor use is still included—that includes crowded markets and malls.”)
The president is expected to talk about the face shield requirement and other matters during his weekly Talk to the Nation update later tonight.
Acting on the advice of health experts and in view of the Delta variant, PRRD declared that the wearing of face shields, both indoor and outdoor, is still mandatory.
— Harry Roque (@attyharryroque) June 21, 2021
Other stories you may want to read:
Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!