Frontliners, here’s a piece of good news.
Medical workers will no longer have to pay toll fees during the Luzon-wide lockdown, the Department of Transport (DOTr) announced in a Facebook post today.
“Toll fee is now free for all medical workers in all expressways in Luzon while the Enhanced Community Quarantine is being implemented on the island,” the DOTr said in Filipino.
The fees have been waived in the expressways managed by the San Miguel Corporation (SMC) and the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation. These are:
- STAR Tollway
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Tarlac – Pangasinan – La Union Expressway (TPLEX)
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
- Subic – Clark – Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
- Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX)
- C5 Southlink
- Cavite–Laguna Expressway (CALAX)
Health care workers are encouraged to follow the social media accounts of SMC and Metro Pacific for further details.
Read more Coconuts Manila articles here.