Netizen who allegedly offered bounty for killing of Kim Chiu, Angel Locsin surrenders

Angel Locsin and Kim Chiu. Photo: Locsin and Chiu/IG
Angel Locsin and Kim Chiu. Photo: Locsin and Chiu/IG

The netizen who allegedly offered a PHP200 million (US$3.9 million) bounty to anyone who could kill ABS-CBN actors Kim Chiu, Angel Locsin, and Coco Martin today surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation’s (NBI) office in Samal, Davao del Norte.

However, suspect Nhiel Jhon Abellanosa, a diver, denied that he owned the account where the worrying tweet appeared. He has surrendered his cellphone to the authorities for investigation.

The NBI said earlier this week that they are ready to help any other celebrities who have been subjected to threats or cyberbullying.

Read: Actress Angel Locsin flags netizen’s death threat against her, ABS-CBN stars

“If Angel Locsin and other artists receive threats of physical harm or other means sent through social media and they feel these threats are serious, they have all the right to seek the assistance of the NBI so their concerns can be appropriately addressed,” the bureau said.

It was Locsin who reported about the offer to have her and her colleagues killed by re-posting the threatening tweet on her Instagram account on Wednesday.

Aside from offering to pay anyone willing to kill the aforementioned ABS-CBN actors, the poster, using the handle @AbellanosaNj, also wrote, “You can join the NPA [New People’s Army] in blowing up the ABS-CBN Compound.”

Locsin, Chiu, and Martin have all expressed support on social media for their home network, which has been abruptly shut down by the government after its franchise has expired. President Rodrigo Duterte has publicly said that he would block any move to have the company’s franchise renewed.

Read: Pinoys tune in as ABS-CBN’s ‘TV Patrol’ makes digital comeback

The three stars, along with their other ABS-CBN colleagues, have been attacked by Duterte’s legion of fans for campaigning for the reopening of the media giant. Despite these attacks, Locsin said she has no plans to file charges against those who have been cyberbullying her.

“I don’t want to make their lives even more miserable by suing them in court. But if they do it again, I will not be scared to face them,” she tweeted yesterday in Filipino.

 

Coconuts has journalists on the ground in eight cities working hard to publish true stories that matter. You can support our work by becoming a COCO+ Member or making a Patron payment.

READ MORE

CITY: MANILACATEGORY: LIFESTYLESUB-CATEGORIES: LIFESTYLE NEWS, MUSIC & SHOWBIZTAGS: ,

By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR

Send this to a friend