If you’ve been clicking around Coconuts lately, then you’ll have noticed the expansion of the Coco universe — our Coconuts Directory is up and running, connecting readers to the new, noteworthy spots and events popping up in their respective cities.
We decided to roll out our own in-house directory following the revamp of our Food, Lifestyle, and Travel sections, and the launch of Coco Food and Coco Travel last year. Turns out a lot of you really care about where to find good Mexican food in your hood, weighing out your options for weekend activities, and the like — so we built the Coconuts Directory as a place where all of that useful information can live, for you to use and peruse as you see fit.
Submit entries to the Manila Directory for free
We’ve got a section for venues and events for Manila and every one of our eight Coconuts cities, and the most recent submissions for each city get featured on the right-hand side of all of our article pages.
Since the soft launch of this directory, most of our submissions have come from savvy business owners and eagle-eyed PR agencies, but now we’re ready to shout from the rooftops — Restaurateurs! Event organizers! Party people! The Coconuts Directory wants your news: art exhibits, food festivals, live music gigs, conferences, meet-ups, film nights for our Events page — or business profiles of your bar, cafe, club, co-working space, hotel, or other space for our Venues page.
Coconuts Manila Directory Contest
The world of the Coconuts Directory is only going to be as good as the collective effort we put into it, so we’re putting in some added incentive for your submissions.
We’re giving out two prizes – the first one is simple and straightforward: the user account that submits the most Coconuts Manila Directory listings by March 31 wins.
The second winner, however, will be chosen by our editors, based on the listing submission that impresses them most – this can be based on creativity, cool graphics, or impeccably clean copy – but a combination of all three wouldn’t hurt. Put some effort into it and we’ll notice.
The prize for each is US$4,500 worth of advertising on Coconuts Manila, in the form of a Coco Creative feature branded story and our Billboard Buzz 100% Share of Voice display ad unit on one city.
A Coco Creative campaign entails our creative branded content team crafting a story of up to 1,000 words, including 10 images, posted on the Coconuts city site of your choice — complete with traffic drivers, performance guarantees, and a post-campaign report.
A Billboard Buzz campaign lets you take over our high impact billboard display ad spot for 2 weeks on one city for both desktop and mobile. So if you choose to advertise on Coconuts Manila, your banner will be seen at the top of every page by every visitor to Coconuts Manila for two whole weeks. That’s a lot of ad impressions!
After hitting submit, your listing will be reviewed by an admin (we review every submission for quality control purposes, and reserve the right to re-format or edit text to fit Coconuts’ content standards). You will receive an email confirmation once your listing is live on the site.
Tips for creating listings we like:
- Use quality photos without logos or watermarks.
- Include a description that is, above all, clearly written and useful for your potential customers.
- Avoid gimmicks such as sharing your event details IN ALL CAPS or using symbols like ⓐṨ◬ℂ๑❛ᴗ❛.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This contest is organized by Coconuts Media (the “Organizer”).
- Each prize includes:
1 x Coco Creative Branded Content Campaign, inclusive of:
1,000-word maximum branded article on coconuts.co/city “Presented by Your Brand”
10 photos from the client, 5 links, 2 revisions
1 Facebook post on global @Coconuts page
1 Facebook Post on Coconuts City
2 tweets on @CoconutsCity account
2 tweets on @CoconutsDotCo account
City Never Ending Scroll #1 for 2 days
City All Articles Native Ad #1 for 4 days
City Homepage Native Ad #1 for 4 days
2 x Billboard Buzz Display Ad Campaigns, inclusive of:
100% share of voice ad run for desktop billboard and mobile leaderboard ad units for two weeks on one city website
- The Coco Creative and Billboard Buzz campaigns must be consumed by Dec. 31, 2019.
- To enter, submit as many high-quality entries to the Coconuts Directory as possible during the activity period, which begins on February 19, 2019 and ends on March 31, 2019 11:59pm Singapore / Hong Kong time.
- Contest winners will be sent an email by April 5, 2019 and announced shortly thereafter. Winner must reply with his/her contact information for redemption within 96 hours (four days) of being contacted. Late redemption will not be allowed and another winner will be selected.
- The Organizer will select the winner from all qualified submissions based on competition criteria. Criteria include the entrant’s eligibility, the number of entries, and quality of entries as judged by our editors.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change any contest details, without notification to participants or potential participants.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make the final decision on all matters associated with the contest.