Photographer’s bag catches fire, causes mini panic at press conference

A photographer suffered minor burns on his left thigh when his bag suddenly caught fire on Thursday.

According to a report by Bernama, the photographer from Bernama News Channel (BNC), who only wanted to be known as 43-year-old Awie, was covering an event near Chow Kit at 12.30pm when his bag burst into flames.

The culprit? A faulty powerbank.

“I was sitting on a chair with my bag on my lap when suddenly, a woman screamed when she saw the bottom of my bag on fire. 

“The powerbank was a gift I received while on assignment and I had just started using it yesterday. I had charged it to the maximum, but had not used it,” he was quoted by the news agency as saying.

Awie reportedly suffered minor burns on his left thigh, and he received treatment at a clinic in Taman Melawati.

In the end, he was forced to throw away his bag as well as two pen drives as there were burn marks on them.

 

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR