16-year-old dies in toilet fire after prank goes horribly wrong

The scene after the fire occurred. Photo: Selangor Fire and Rescue Department
The scene after the fire occurred. Photo: Selangor Fire and Rescue Department

A 16-year-old boy perished in a fire at a public toilet in Shah Alam after a prank by his friends went south. 

Director of the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department Norazam Khamis stated that they got a call at 2:35 pm before dispatching a fire unit to the scene.

When they arrived, they found that the fire had been put out but discovered the charred remains of Muhamad Damin Mikhail Kansol, 16.

“We then removed the victim’s body… the body was then handed over to police for further action,” he said in a statement last night. 

Norazam said the victim was sleeping on a sofa in front of the toilet door while two of his friends were playing a mobile game in the toilet. 

One of his friends then lit a fire under the sofa as a prank but the fire got bigger and smoke filled the toilet, forcing them to run outside.

“The victim woke up and in a semi-conscious state he ran into the toilet,” he added. 

Subscribe to the WTF is Up in Southeast Asia + Hong Kong podcast to get our take on the top trending news and pop culture from the region every Thursday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

MOST POPULAR