COVID home test kits will soon be sold for a fraction of the price through government pharmacies, but Bangkok has to wait a couple weeks for them to show up.
Two million SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test Kit (ATK) will be sold starting Oct. 18 by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization at a price below market: THB40 (US$1.20). While the tests aren’t as reliable as traditional PCR tests, they are still relatively accurate – and very fast.
The home test kits will be sold at eight organization pharmacies around metro Bangkok:
- GPO Pharmacy, Ratchathewi branch (opposite to the Ramathibodi Hospital) phone 02-203-8847 or 02-203-8849
- GPO Pharmacy, Yodse branch (next to the Hua Chiew Hospital)
phone 02-222-5931 or 02-225-6367
- GPO Pharmacy, Charan Sanitwong branch
- GPO Pharmacy, Thewet branch (on Samsen Road)
- GPO Pharmacy, Rangsit branch (near Simummuang Market)
phone 02-536-3526 or 02-536-4086
- GPO Pharmacy, Ministry of Public Health’s branch (at the Medical Services Department, Ministry of Public Health)
phone 02-951-0925 or 02-590-6034
- GPO Pharmacy, Tropical Medicine branch (opposite to the Phramongkutklao Hospital)
- GPO Pharmacy, Chalerm Phra Kiat government complex branch