Tourists flee fire at Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit

Photo: Thai News Agency
Photo: Thai News Agency

At midnight, a hundred guests at the Marriott Hotel on Sukhumvit 57 were evacuated from the hotel after a fire started in a vent on the sixth floor level of the hotel.

Firefighters spent 20 minutes getting the blaze under control. There were no injuries reported.

Street vendors in the area told reporters that they saw smoke coming out of the sixth floor of the hotel, then the hotel guests came down and started gathering outside it.

After the situation was under control, the guests were allowed back into their rooms.

Police suspected a short circuit may have caused the fire, Sanook reported.

Editor’s Note: We apologize that this story originally identified the hotel as being at Sukhumvit 47.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on