Short circuit blamed for fire that injured 1 at CentralwOrld

A large fire breaks out Saturday afternoon in the CentralwOrld shopping mall. Image: ThaiViralPost/Twitter
A large fire breaks out Saturday afternoon in the CentralwOrld shopping mall. Image: ThaiViralPost/Twitter

A short circuit was blamed for Saturday’s fire at the CentralwOrld shopping mall, and one woman was treated for smoke inhalation, according to police. 

Prapakorn Tiyabutr was the only injured in the late afternoon blaze, which sent panicked shoppers scrambling for the exits after it broke out at the mall’s Groove dining area, said Col. Pansa Amarapitak, Pathumwan police chief.

Prapakorn was treated at the nearby Police General Hospital. 

Witnesses told the authorities that the fire started at a booth which was made of wood and decorated with LED bulbs and spotlights. It had been there since July and was connected to a power supply. 

Related

Fire breaks out at Bangkok’s CentralwOrld mall, again (Video)



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

MOST POPULAR