Whether out of a sense of responsibility or the fact it’s now called “Death Bungy Jump,” the World Bungy Jump in Phuket has been demolished by its owner, The Phuket News reports:
Following the fatal plunge which killed Abdullah Adel Kadhbahman, 25 of Kuwait, after his ankle straps came off, the owner of the World Bundy Jump decided to demolish the jump on Monday.
The action was done despite the fact the Patong Municipality only ordered the facility to close until safety standards had been reached, and a permit to operate had been issued.
The venue was previously operating without a permit.
“I had only ordered the owner to close until safety standards had been met and the business was legally registered. However, the owner took it upon himself to completely close down the business and demolish it,” Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup told The Phuket News.
“I can confirm that the jump was completely demolished on Monday, as I can actually see the site from the window of my office,” she added.
Meanwhile, the police refused to reveal an update on the charges pressed against World Bungee Jump for the tourist’s death.
“I have not yet received the forensic report from the Office of Forensic Science in Bangkok, so I am unable to comment any further on this issue at this time,” said police Maj. Teerasak Boonsaeng, who is in charge of the investigation.
If you're gonna share your opinions for free on the Internet, why not do it for a chance to win some exciting prizes? Take our 2021 Coconuts Reader Survey now!