Brit’s Thai wife electrocuted at Songkran foam party, days before scheduled move to UK

Photo: Michael Beddoes/ Facebook
Photo: Michael Beddoes/ Facebook

A 25-year-old Thai woman tragically died from electrocution at a Songkran foam party in Udon Thani, only days before she was supposed to move to England to start a new life with her husband.

Supaporn Beddoes died on the night of April 12 while she was at a Songkran party in Baan Dung. According to her mother, Duangchai Saengchart, 47, the event organizer allegedly used damaged wires and only paid THB20,000 to compensate her daughter’s life, claiming they didn’t have any more money, T News reported.

Duangchai said Supaporn was the main provider for the family, and her daughter was supposed to move to England to start a life with her husband after the Songkran holiday.

Photo: Supaporn Beddoes/ Facebook

Baan Dung police have collected forensic evidence and will charge event organizers for their reckless actions which led to the death of another person.

Following the sad news, Supaporn’s husband Michael Beddoes posted a Facebook status to express his grief: “I miss her so much. Will be in my heart forever. RIP, teerak [darling].”

Show your local Bangkok pride with our new City Logo Tee! Available on sale until September 30 at The Coconuts Shop.

READ MORE

CITY: BANGKOKCATEGORY: NEWS

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR

Send this to a friend