Fire damage shuts down Bangkok’s Charley Browns, for now

Smoke pours from Charley Browns restaurant between sois Sukhumvit 17 and 19. Photo: Charley Browns
Smoke pours from Charley Browns restaurant between sois Sukhumvit 17 and 19. Photo: Charley Browns

A longtime Tex-Mex hangout near Asoke has closed for the foreseeable future after a fire broke out on the premises.

Charley Browns owner Dave Bell said today that he rushed to the scene and nearly passed out from the smoke after the blaze erupted at his restaurant yesterday.

“I have a meeting with Lumpini police tomorrow. I think they’ll conclude it was an accident,” Bell said in a message. “My layman’s opinion is that a refrigerator compressor overheated and caused the fire.” 

No one was injured, but the restaurant is closed until further notice.

“The damage can be repaired,” Bell said.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

This swanky “grocerant” in Langsuan is rolling out a new Sunday brunch

PRESENTED BY

MOST POPULAR