10-year-old boy dies from electrocution in Thaketa

A 10-year-old boy from 10/South Quarter, Thaketa Township has died from electrocution caused by playing near an open drain.

The second grade student was playing at a construction site in front of an open drain on the street where he lived.

An officer from Thaketa Police Station said that the meter box had been removed from the building and tied to a nearby tree with zinc wire. The boy was electrocuted by that wire, according to the officer.

This boy suffered wounds all over his body, but the injuries were worst on his hands and stomach. He was checked into Yangon General Hospital, according to The Voice.

According to the Myanmar Police Force, over 50 people have died so far this year from electrocution and 100 people died in the 200 recorded cases of electrocution in 2015.

We’ve removed the paywall on our coronavirus coverage to make it available to all. If you find it useful, please consider supporting by becoming a COCO+ Member or Patron.

By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

Send this to a friend