Yesterday evening (Apr. 19), passers-by at Raffles Place MRT were probably wishing they’d slipped on galoshes before they left the house that morning.
Why, you ask? ‘Cause it was ‘raining’ inside the train station.
Well, kinda. SMRT’s investigations into the matter revealed a fire alarm that was accidentally triggered by a contractor repairing a lift, resulting in the fire sprinklers being switched on.
— Nandhini Rad (@NandhiniRad) April 19, 2017
Okay, so it was more like a drizzle — but bad enough to cause puddles forming near the lift. In any case, this being good old efficient Singapore, cleaners were quickly notified, and the water was mopped up before anyone could take a chance to splash around and sing in the rain.