The community cat feeders of Yishun are currently on the lookout for an individual suspected to have fed tainted milk to a cat, which apparently died soon after drinking it.
A member of Facebook group Cat Lovers Singapore put out an alert after her aunt was said to have seen a stray cat being fed some milk at the void deck of Block 356 along Yishun Ring Road yesterday. It was speculated that the milk was poisoned as the poor feline was found dead right next to the milk bowl.
According to an update on the Yishun 326 Tabby Cat Facebook page, a passerby took the initiative to leave the dead cat in a more dignified manner by putting the carcass in a cushioned box.
A netizen claimed that a community cat feeder prevented Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) officers from collecting the cat’s body for further investigations.
The Yishun district is certainly no stranger to cat abuse with a number of high-profile cases of animal cruelty in the area. We’ve reached out to AVA for more details.