We’re back with a brand new episode of The Coconuts Podcast! It’s been a while, and a lot has changed since our last episode — namely, a global pandemic.
You’ve probably seen a coronavirus headline (or several) recently, and COVID-19 certainly dominates this week’s episode. From Thailand travel bans and bar closures to antiviral Singaporean cabbies laying down the law on cleanliness, this episode is all about coronavirus across the region.
- Hong Kong chief executive announces sweeping bans on tourists, booze as COVID cases increase
- Anxious Singapore cabbie sets out COVID-19 conditions for her passengers
- What’s closed in Bangkok due to the coronavirus outbreak
- Myanmar cancels Burmese New Year Festival, tightens travel from outbreak zones (but not China)
- Photos of Italian travelers allegedly rejected by Thailand, stranded in Bali go viral
- Traveler arrested for saying BKK airport didn’t screen for COVID-19
The Coconuts Podcast delivers impactful, weird, and wonderful reporting by our journalists on the ground in eight cities: Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Manila, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Yangon, and Bali. Listen to headline news and insightful interviews on matters large and small, designed for people located in – or curious about – Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
Download or stream it now from a variety of platforms including on Coconuts.co, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Whooshka. We’ve also partnered with Google to bring The Coconuts Podcast to all of its Google Assistant-powered devices, from smartphones to home automation systems.