Byron Perry and Vim Shanmugam have a chat about Southeast Asia’s streaming video scene, the slate of Coconuts TV Originals planned for 2020, the fall of HOOQ, and Vim’s previous job in TV development production.
And of course, this week’s top stories on Coconuts! Including:
- #ClapForOurCarers: Singaporeans to show thanks at 8pm tonight
- Is this the real life? Marcos slams Duterte government’s slow response to COVID-19 crisis
- You have no law’: foreigner chained after insisting he isn’t breaking rule for jogging during Nyepi
- Thailand under curfew starting Friday night: Prayuth
- Men dressed as ‘pocong’ spook village in Central Java into self-isolation
Support Coconuts’ original journalism and features on all platforms by becoming a patron or COCO+ Member.The Coconuts Podcast delivers impactful, weird, and wonderful reporting by our journalists on the ground in eight cities: Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Manila, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Yangon, and Bali. Listen to headline news and insightful interviews on matters large and small, designed for people located in – or curious about – Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
Download or stream it now from a variety of platforms including on Coconuts.co, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Whooshka. We’ve also partnered with Google to bring The Coconuts Podcast to all of its Google Assistant-powered devices, from smartphones to home automation systems.