Got a tip? Send it to us at email@example.com.
After a successful debut last year, Raffles Makati and National Book Store are bringing the second Philippine Literary Fest on Aug 28-30.
Forty-seven events that include book signings, panel discussions, storytelling and a couple of film screenings are squeezed into three days. That’s like a bookworm’s wet dream come true!
The best part about it? They’re all for free. You just have to register at 9am, every day.
The author of The Silver Linings Playbook, Matthew Quick is headlining the event together with Meg Wolitzer, who penned The Interestings, among other things.
Quick will have a talk and book signing on Aug 30 at 2pm, while Wolitzer will have her talk and book signing session a day earlier on Aug 29 at 2pm.
But while those are exciting, we can’t help but be more excited about the Filipino authors gracing the event. We mean:
- Krip Yuson, Butch Dalisay, Marivi Soliven, and Cristina Hidalgo appearing in one — one! — event on Aug 29 at 3:30pm.
- Rob Cham reading komiks with Josel Nicolas on Aug 30 at 3:30pm.
- Antoinette Jadaone speaking and then the film screening of That Thing Called Tadhana on Aug 29 at 9:30am.
- Danton Remoto, Art Sta. Ana and j. Neil Garcia speaking on Gayness and Happiness on Aug 28 at 3:30pm
- Lualhati Bautista, whose event on Aug 30 at 10am is still up for confirmation. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for that.
- Marivi Soliven’s talk and book signing on Aug 28 at 5:30pm.
- Ambeth Ocampo’s talk and book signing on Aug 28 at 1:30pm.
Take a look at all 47 events and choose your own adventure. Click here for the full schedule of events.
Note: Only books purchased at National Book Store can be signed.
– Build your library! National Book Store’s ‘The Great Warehouse Sale’ is happening on Aug 13-18
– Nerd party! The Manila International Book Fair is happening on Sep 16-20!
– 5 corners for a bookworm in Metro Manila