A CCTV camera inside a mall in the southern Philippine city, Iligan caught a horrifying incident when a two-year-old child’s hand got sucked into the handrail of an escalator yesterday.
According to a report on ABS-CBN News’ morning show, Umagang Kay Ganda security guards of Robinsons Place mall came to help the kid and broke the glass to remove his hand from the escalator.
The mother and child were not identified in the report.
Another video posted on Facebook shows the crowd gathering around the kid when security guards decide to break the glass to pull the kid’s hand out.
According to the report, the child was injured but survived the incident.
Robinsons Malls told ABS-CBN News that they did not lapse in posting safety warnings on using the escalators.