2-year-old boy dies in Quezon City after plugging spoon into extension cord

Image for illustrative purposes only. Photo: Wikipedia
Image for illustrative purposes only. Photo: Wikipedia

A two-year-old resident of Quezon City named Jake Angara is dead after he mistakenly plugged a metal spoon into an electrical extension cord, a news program reported yesterday.

His mother Eloisa Angara said she mixed formula milk for Jake using a metal spoon. She left the spoon in an area that was supposedly out of Jake’s reach, but somehow the toddler managed to get it.

“As I was about to open the door, I heard an explosion. I became nervous, but I thought something just fell,” Eloisa told the television show Saksi. 

“My husband screamed and said Jake was electrocuted,” she added.

Read: Meralco, other utility firms extend payment deadlines due to Luzon lockdown

The toddler was rushed to a hospital for treatment but he died. Jake is scheduled to be buried today.

Joe Zaldarriaga, a spokesperson for the electricity company Meralco, warned Filipinos against using extension cords.

“Accidents can happen if they are touched or if an object or finger is inserted into them when they are placed inside an outlet,” he said. “Don’t use them if they’re not really necessary because they’re really not safe.”

 

 

 

 

If you're gonna share your opinions for free on the Internet, why not do it for a chance to win some exciting prizes? Take our 2021 Coconuts Reader Survey now!

READ MORE

CITY: MANILACATEGORY: NEWSSUB-CATEGORIES: WEIRDTAGS:

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR