Feeling the itch to hop on a quick weekend jaunt abroad but daunted by the idea of quarantine? As ASEAN neighbors reopen their borders for travel, Filipinos can add Singapore to the list of possible leisure destinations that no longer require a quarantine period for Pinoy visitors.
Filipinos who have at least received two doses of their vaccine may apply for Singapore’s Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flights, according to Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
That said, there is quite a list of requirements to comply with, so make sure you go through them carefully. Tourists or short-term visitors traveling to Singapore are required to submit the following:
- Accepted Proof of Vaccination (VaxCertPH issued by the Department of Health)
- Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test or Proof of Recovery (for recovered travelers)
- Roundtrip tickets from a VTL-designated airline
- Valid Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP)
- COVID-19 Insurance Policy with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 (US$22,000)
- TraceTogether mobile app registration
Filipino travelers may apply for the Vaccinated Travel Pass here. You may apply between 3 to 60 days before your intended arrival date.
The airlines that offer VTL-designated flights include the following:
- Cebu Pacific
- JetStar Asia
- Philippine Airlines
- Philippines AirAsia
- Singapore Airlines
Learn more about Singapore’s travel checklist here.