Careful now, the holidays is upon us. Which means, the holiday weight gain is upon us. Think of November as your leeway month, you’re chance to shed some pounds so that come January, your weight gain would mean going back to your normal weight. Clever, no?
The fastest, and dare we say healthiest, way to do it? Juicing. It involves skipping on solid meals and having just juice for at least the weekend. Everyone’s been doing it, so why don’t you give it a try?
(Warning: If you are pregnant, on medication, or have other health conditions that might be compromised by a purely liquid diet, consult your doctor before attempting a juicing diet).
Below are the best Juice bars in Metro Manila, some with cleansing programs, others as a way to fill your system with all that green goodness.
1. JUICE JAB. Juice Jab’s highest-level detox program replaces three meals with nothing but vegetable and fruit juices, for three days. It sounds perilous, so that’s why anybody who hasn’t tried juicing shouldn’t go that extreme. Start with the Basic Jab, which replaces breakfast for three days with two bottles of juice. If you’re happy, then move forward: replace breakfast and lunch for three days, and finally, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days. By delivery and pick-up points. Website: Juice Jab; +63 917 8387355.
2. JUJU CLEANSE. The pioneers of juicing in Manila, Juju Cleanse offers a flexible cleansing program: there’s a one-day cleanse replacing all meals with juices, and a three-day cleanse replacing all meals in that period with their juices. An aside: Juju Cleanse also just opened Juju Eats on Pasong Tamo Extension where healthy eating takes front and center. BCS Building, 2297 Pasong Tamo Extension, Makati. By delivery and pick-up points Website: Juju Cleanse; +63 917 5763012.
3. SKINNY JUICERY. Another cleansing program that goes up to three days is Skinny Juicery. Because the company takes into account snacks and merienda, each day will have you drinking eight bottles of juices, or skinnies as they like to call it. By delivery. Facebook: The Skinny Juicery; +63 917 3205329.
4. SPRUCE COLD PRESSED JUICES. An ala carte type of juicing company, Spruce offers nine flavors to choose from. They don’t offer a cleansing program, though you can request for one. We commend Spruce for its lovely packaging; cool logo, check. Reusable katcha bag, check. Really witty juice names, check. By delivery and pick-up points. Facebook: Spruce; +63 917 8972108.
5. DETOXIFY BAR. While it also offers a one-day juice detox program (five bottles plus two cups of tea), Detoxify Bar is more than just a juicery. It has a stand-alone stores located in Eastwood and McKinley Hill that not only serve as a pick-up point but as a place where you can get healthy meals to go with its five juice flavors. Techno Plaza 2, Eastwood, Quezon City. Tuscany, McKinley Hill, Taguig. Website: Detoxify Bar; +63 2 5093652.
6. PUMP JUICE BAR. This juice bar in Alabang specializes in juices and smoothies, offering “meals in a cup” that are heavy enough to replace your meals. It doesn’t offer cleansing programs, but they do have specially formulated “Pumps” that aid weight loss, promote energy, and immunity, and brain power. Their juices are all natural, sweetened only with honey, and hey! Pump boasts of Wheatgrass shots. Unit 7A Building 1, Molito Complex, Madrigal Avenue, Alabang, Muntinlupa. Website: Pump Juice; +63 2 6227472.
Headline photo courtesy of JuiceJab