That escalated quickly: Exploding escalator stuns Pandan Kapital shoppers

We’ve heard of an escalator ‘swallowing’ a boy’s genitals, but an exploding escalator? 

Shoppers at a mall in Pandan Indah were stunned when one of the escalators in the shopping center suddenly exploded without warning.

According to a report by The New Straits Times, the incident happened at the Pandan Kapital shopping mall at around noon on Tuesday.

The escalator, linking the lower ground floor to the ground floor of the mall, reportedly exploded due to a technical glitch.

Thankfully, no injuries were reported as there were no shoppers on the escalator when the incident happened.

A spokesperson for the mall told the daily that they will not be lodging a police report, but they reportedly alerted the Fire and Rescue Department.

The spokesperson added that the mall’s technicians are currently assessing the damage and repair works will be conducted right after.

Several photos of the exploding escalator managed to find its way online, and of course, they spread like wildfire on Facebook:

 

 


By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR