Coconuts Media is hiring a Singapore Managing Editor.
Are you a local news junkie?
Do you have a wide range of interests in Singapore’s urban happenings, from transportation to politics to food to the arts to crime?
Are you a skilled and versatile writer, able to churn out entertaining and engaging copy on any subject with a unique voice?
Do you have several years of experience in a fast-paced daily newspaper and/or online news position?
Are you a tech-savvy social media and blogging whiz?
Do you have, at minimum, a solid camera and basic photography skills, and preferably, full-on multimedia journalism skills?
Are you hard-working, reliable, intelligent, and ambitious?
Do you have a sense of humor?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you should apply for this full-time position at Coconuts Singapore.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing original local news and lifestyle stories about Singapore, as well as aggregating and re-writing stories from other sources
- Reporting on news events, taking photos and/or video to supplement written stories
- Managing social media – with an emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – and uploading content live from the field
- Knowledge of WordPress platform, multimedia experience, and an extensive network of sources are a bonus. So is ownership of a smartphone.
- A university degree and at least three years of editorial experience are required.
This position is open to Singapore nationals and permanent residents.
Apply by sending CV and writing samples to Coconuts Editor in Chief Chad Williams at chad [at] coconuts.co