Senior Thai Writer (Grove) – Thai Nationals Only
Grove, the brand studio for Coconuts Media, is seeking a talented, detail-oriented, and journalism-aware Senior Thai Writer to join its fast-growing team. This role will see you work with our Associate Thai Editor and Business Director on a range of projects. One day, you could be interviewing a tech CEO about their business, the other day speaking to an artist about their latest work. The assignments are always changing.
We are a branded content studio, but this role is better suited for applicants with a history of journalism/editorial content creation rather than marketing copywriters. Many of our clients pay us to make cool, entertaining magazines and written stories, so if you have a knack for that you will fit right in.
Basic job roles include: writing, interviewing, proof reading, uploading stories to a CMS system, helping with ideation, and pitching stories to your editors.
What is Grove?
We are a content studio backed by a platform that was built for authentic and real storytelling, with all the expertise in-house to create effective, engaging and cost-efficient content and entertainment for brands. Our work harnesses Coconuts Media’s publishing and production expertise as well as our audience of millions across the region to inform our content strategy and creative campaigns.
What we are looking for in a Senior Thai Writer
- A talented writer who is familiar with journalism and content creation.
- Professional and polished Thai writing skills.
- Able to adapt to different styles of Thai writing fluidly. (If you think you can write like this, you’ve got it made).
- Confidence writing in English (applicants with English-language clips will be given preference).
- A good sense for lifestyle and media trends in Thailand.
- Someone who lives on social media and keeps their finger on the pulse with what is new and cool in Bangkok.
- Not afraid to write about topics outside of Thailand (places like Singapore, Hong Kong, America).
- Experience in branded content writing is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in journalism or content creation highly preferred (we are open to talented candidates with slightly less experience).
- A degree in journalism, media, or a related field is highly preferred by not required if applicants have sufficient experience.
You’ll need to submit 1) a cover letter and 2) a resume to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to “Dear whoever you are.” This is a test to see if you can follow instructions. Also, include your salary expectation for the position.