Coconuts Media is hiring a Hong Kong Managing Editor.
Are you a local news junkie?
Do you have a wide range of interests in Hong Kong’s urban happenings, from transportation to politics to food to the arts to crime?
Are you a skilled and versatile writer, able to churn out entertaining and engaging copy on any subject with a unique voice?
Do you have several years of experience in a fast-paced daily newspaper and/or online news position?
Are you a tech-savvy social media and blogging whiz?
Do you have, at minimum, a solid camera and basic photography skills, and preferably, full-on multimedia journalism skills?
Are you hard working, reliable, intelligent, and ambitious?
Do you have a sense of humor?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you should apply for this full-time position at Coconuts Hong Kong.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing original local news and lifestyle stories about Hong Kong, as well as aggregating and re-writing stories from other sources
- Reporting on news events, taking photos and/or video to supplement written stories
- Managing social media – with an emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – and uploading content live from the field
- Knowledge of WordPress platform, multimedia experience, and an extensive network of sources are a bonus. So is ownership of a smartphone.
- A university degree and at least three years of editorial experience are required.
Apply by sending CV and writing samples to clarissa [at] coconuts.co