BK Magazine is seeking a full-time Senior Lifestyle & Food Writer to help produce Bangkok’s premier English-language lifestyle magazine.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Senior Lifestyle & Food Writer produces engaging stories with an eye for detail, and also approaches social media and photography with energy and a desire to learn. Successful candidates will have a strong sense and passion for Bangkok’s local food scene, with a keen eye for trends and developments that stay ahead of the curve.
This position is open to various experience levels, but requires a commitment to deadlines, journalistic professionalism, and enthusiasm for pitching story ideas — this is not a food blogging job you can do as a side gig. The position will require a combination of in-office work directly with the Managing Editor, work-from-home days each week, and reporting assignments outside of the home and office.
- Writes feature stories plus assigned columns for BK (print and online) and BK guides
- Helps upload and track web content
- Pitches new story and column ideas to keep BK fresh and exciting
- Contributes to BK’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Attends dinners, openings, product launches, and other ad hoc events on behalf of the magazine
- Stays up to date on the latest trends in nightlife, food, music, fashion, and/or travel
- Minimum of 1-3 years working in print or digital media
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to write with flair
- Street-savvy and knows the latest trends in Bangkok, especially in F&B, is a must
- Stays cool under pressure
- Crushes deadlines and isn’t afraid to put in OT to get the job done
- Able to work independently, but works well with others, too
- Asks questions, takes criticism well, and wants to grow within the industry
- Spends an almost unhealthy amount of time on social media
- Is excited to pitch new and exciting story ideas on a weekly basis and doesn’t sit around waiting for press releases
- Though not essential, the ability to take high-quality photos and/or video is a plus
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
To apply please email CV and writing samples, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your application email to “Dear whoever the hell you are” so we know you’ve read this application fully and have a sense of humor.