Unfortunately, Transjakarta buses catching fire isn’t exactly a rare occurrence in our city. Another one caught on fire yesterday after a suspected electrical failure in Jalan Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta.
“The Transjakarta bus had an electrical short circuit and caught fire at around 7am,” said Hindarsono, head of the Traffic Department at the Jakarta Police, as quoted by Warta Kota yesterday.
Thankfully, there were no casualties as all of the passengers were evacuated from the bus in a timely manner. Firefighters managed to put out the fire soon afterwards.
The bus was then towed to the Transjakarta bus pool in Pinang Ranti, East Java. This particular bus was built by Chinese bus manufacturers Zhongtong.