For one weekend in September, Hongkongers (and tourists) will get to sample over 80 varieties of famous sakes from 14 different breweries in one afternoon! That’s right, we’re talking about Sake Walk, the largest Sake event in Hong Kong!
You’ll also get to hear from some very knowledgeable brewery owners and producers in the industry. They’ll answer any burning questions you might have about sake, everything from what it’s made of to how to drink it properly. Whether you’re new to the world of sake or if you’re a seasoned connoisseur, there’s definitely something for everyone!
Some of the highlights include:
– Eiko Fuji from the Yamagata Prefecture, famous for its unpasteurized sake.
– Domaine Senkin from Tochigi Prefecture, famous for using the domaine concept with a vintage variation.
– Shichiken, from the Yamanashi Prefecture, famous for brewing high quality sparkling sake made using a traditional method from the Champagne region of France.
– Juyondai from Yamagata Prefecture, and one the world’s most famous sakes.
– Raifuku from Ibaraki, famous for their use of flower yeast.
– Zankyo from Miyagi, pioneers in using a high rice polishing ratio, especially 7% Zankyo.
Attendees will also be given a premium sake glass each for sampling and to take home after the event. This year’s Sake Walk is happening on 21 September at House 1881 in Tsim Sha Tsui, from 12pm-10pm.
Keep up with all things Sake Walk on their Instagram!
Great news: We’re giving away four pairs of tickets (with ten tokens for sampling included per ticket), exclusively for our COCO+ members! So how do you win? To be eligible, simply join COCO+ and email us at email@example.com with your full name and the subject line: “I want to go to Sake Walk 2019!”
We’ll select four lucky winners to whom we’ll send an email on 16 September, 2019. For our sake, keep an eye on your inbox! If we don’t receive a response within 24 hours, we’ll have to select a new winner.