Keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel! We’re launching our first annual COCO+ Membership Drive.
To thank our COCO+ Members and encourage new sign-ups, we’ve put together the wondrous array of promotions, prizes, and discounts below.
Get unlimited access to Coconuts stories plus event access, giveaway eligibility, and more. Join COCO+ today!
1. Prizes and discounts for new COCO+ Members
First of all, we’re offering a series of discounts on COCO+ Membership from today, July 2, until July 31.
Fast fingers will reign supreme, because the earlier you sign up, the bigger the discount you’ll get!
Discount codes and validity periods are as follows:
- From July 2 – July 8, get 40% off with the code: coco40
- From July 9 to 15, get 30% off with the code: coco30
- From July 16 to 22, get 20% off with the code: coco20
- From July 22 to 31, get 10% off with the code: coco10
Discount codes can be used for either COCO+ Yearly or Monthly.
Also, we’ll be randomly choosing one lucky new COCO+ Member who signs up between today and July 31 to win a two-night stay in a Sky Double Room at Kesa House in Singapore, worth USD$300++!
Kesa House is the newest brainchild of 8M Collective and features a “flexible-living” concept with beautifully furnished communal spaces in the trendy Keong Saik area. Serving up everything from craft beers to homestyle Mediterranean cuisine, there’s definitely something for everyone.
2. Referral challenge for COCO+ Members
To all the existing COCO+ members new and old, we bend the knee in gratitude for your support.
It’s your membership funds that help us inform and entertain you with what’s happening in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
We could use your help to spread the word about COCO+ — and your hard work won’t go unrewarded.
From now until September 30, existing COCO+ Members can score a 50% discount for friends and family by writing in to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a unique referral code.
At the end of September we’ll tally up the numbers, and the hard-working COCO+ Member that racks up the most new member referrals will win a luxurious three-day, two-night stay in a Garden Pavilion room at Alila Villas Koh Russey in Cambodia worth US$1,500!
The Hyatt-owned luxury villa cluster is set against a stunning natural backdrop of lush greenery and picturesque ocean views. Expect contemporary furnishings that complement the natural surroundings and immerse yourself in Khmer culture and charm when you stay in an Alila villa.
3. Indonesia Intelligencer cross-promotion
Have you heard about Indonesia Intelligencer? It’s our subscription weekly round-up newsletter of the most essential political, business, and cultural news from Indonesia every week, produced by the editors of Coconuts Jakarta.
As a special show of gratitude to our Indonesia Intelligencer subscribers, we want to offer you a 35% discount on COCO+ Membership from now until September 30.
New subscribers will receive the discount code in an automated email. If you’re an existing subscriber, email email@example.com to get the code.
4. Coconuts Colloquiums coming up in Singapore and KL
We’re continuing our Coconuts Colloquium panel series with talks in Singapore and KL this July.
Coconuts Colloquiums are always free for COCO+ Members, and feature free flowing drinks and finger food while stocks last.
Members can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 15 for the Singapore event and July 24, for the KL event.
Support local news and join a community of like-minded “Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.
Your COCO+ Membership fees fund original journalism like this:
- Coconuts Hong Kong’s coverage of the recent historic anti-extradition protests
- Our Planet Plastic series on Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines
- This photo feature on a brave Balinese woman overcoming a horrific domestic violence incident
- The Coconuts Podcast, which we just launched
- Coconuts TV original videos like this short documentary on Myanmar’s famous thanaka facial paste or our series on Singapore’s threatened Brutalist architectural icons.