Two injured when cough syrup bottle explodes at Hua Lamphong (VIDEO)

Two men were injured at Hua Lamphong railway station around 1pm today when a cough syrup bottle one of them was holding exploded.

One of the men was reportedly smoking and could not find an ashtray, he tried to put out his cigarette in a cough syrup bottle he had found in a trash can, causing it to explode, according to Pol. Maj. Gen. Jirasan Kaewasengeak, commander of Railway Police.

The two men were identified as Tanong Maisao, 25, and Lamai Uam-ngamsap, 30. Both were waiting to catch a train to Krabi.

They were sent to General Hospital for treatment, according to JS100.

Jirasan told reporters the explosion was not caused by an explosive device.

However, bomb disposal officials were deployed to inspect the cough syrup bottle.

Footage of the explosion has been circulating on Twitter.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!



Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply


BECOME A COCO+ MEMBER

Support local news and join a community of like-minded
“Coconauts” across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Join Now
Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on

MOST POPULAR