At 3pm yesterday, Suwicha Auesomsaksakul was almost injured when his iPhone5 exploded after he had been holding it to his ear for only 30 seconds.
During the phone call, Suwicha felt heat and saw burning smoke erupting from his 32GB, black device. He threw it immediately to the floor. He said that the phone then exploded four times like a firecracker, forming a sizable burn mark on its “Home” button.
Suwicha told MCOT.net that he bought the latest Apple phone only two months ago, but that he had decided to refrain from using the company’s products after this explosion.
Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong every Friday!