A 29-year-old Chinese tourist was bitten on the nose Saturday by a reticulated python during a snake show at Phuket Biotechnology Institute, a popular attraction among tourists in Phuket.
The woman, identified as Jin Jing, had been invited near the stage to get up close (and too personal) with the snake.
Judging from the video, the tourist was trying to kiss the snake. Good thing the snake used in the show was a non-poisonous python.
Jin Jing received five stitches at Phuket International Hospital and was released shortly. She’s reportedly still recovering at her hotel room on the island, according to The Phuket News.
Phuket Biotechnology Institute has offered the tourist a compensation of THB135,000.
The venue sells medicinal herbs and provides a free snake show, reported Bangkok Post.
If you're gonna share your opinions for free on the Internet, why not do it for a chance to win some exciting prizes? Take our 2021 Coconuts Reader Survey now!