In an unprecedented partnership, Louis Vuitton is teaming up with Southeast Asia’s world-class fashion destination Siam Paragon to celebrate the ‘Art of Travel’ with Time Capsule Bangkok. The exhibition on Sept. 7-25 is a journey through the history of the House, revisiting its landmark innovations in technology and design.
The story of Louis Vuitton’s beginnings in 1854 to the present day will be told using rare and celebrated objects specially selected from the archives. The Time Capsule will illuminate all the ways in which the House has anticipated the needs and desires of a changing world and addressed new challenges faced by travelers with imaginative creations.
Indeed, traveling was a very different concept back when Louis Vuitton sold its first leather trunk over 160 years ago. One thing that hasn’t changed, however, is the timeless style statement of a Louis Vuitton bag slung over one shoulder.
The exhibition follows a visual timeline of landmark moments in the Louis Vuitton story, focusing on five key aspects:
1) The codes of the House: those distinctive design features that can be traced back to Louis Vuitton’s very first trunks.
2) Journeys around the world, revealing how Louis Vuitton met the demands of new forms of transport.
3) Elegance and beauty in motion, showing how Louis Vuitton has enabled its clients to travel in style.
4) The icons of the House: Louis Vuitton’s most memorable and emblematic creations.
5) A celebration of Louis Vuitton’s past and present links with Thailand including the special order ‘Boite Flacon’ in Yellow Epi produced in 2006 to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s accession to the Throne and the special order Watch Trunks designed by HRH Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana in collaboration with Louis Vuitton to raise funds for the Chaipattana Foundation in 2008.
Visitors will have unprecedented access to some of the most valuable pieces from Louis Vuitton’s historic archives. If you happen to be near by, don’t forget to check-in at Siam Paragon and have a look around. It’s truly a once in a lifetime chance and it’s all free and open to the public. Merci beaucoup, Louis Vuitton!
What: TIME CAPSULE, BANGKOK. This exclusive exhibition by Louis Vuitton is free and open to the public.
When: Sept. 7-25, 2017, daily 10am-8pm (Last entry 20 minutes before closing)
Where: Parc Paragon, Siam Paragon Shopping Centre
For further information visit www.louisvuitton.com.